Friday, June 27, 2008

Bird Book Play Day







Charlotte and I had a play day yesterday. We both worked on bird books. Our inspiration was from the new Somerset Studio Gallery....Charlotte's was completely different and very lovely. I wish she'd "blog" so she could show off her work.
Mine is 5 x 7 illustration board....quite heavy. I covered the pages with different papers and dry brushed some of them. I was pretty unhappy to find when I filled the xyron with a new roll and ran two pages through before I realized it was laminating stuff!
$20 down the tubes. Shoot....the pages were weird and nothing wanted to stick, of course. No extra rolls so I just used soft gel medium to glue the paper to the rest. Then the fun part was embellishing with stamps, scrap, all kinds of birdies and eggs. I'm sort of hipped on birds....can you tell? Well, actually the gold finches in my yard have eaten the zinnias down to bare bones. They by-pass the seed and eat the flowers and leaves. We can't make them stop so I didn't put any gold finches in my book. Bah on them!

I just finished it up tonight and scanned all the pages. I should post a picture of my dining room table, too....I don't think the surface is visible at all. When it gets to that point, I can't find anything so I spend most of my time looking for things I need. I thought I'd clean it off tonight but I'm too pooped. Art is hard!
Remember, you can click on the pictures to enlarge. Better to see my mistakes...heh heh.

6 comments :

Harmony said...

wow pictures are so beautiful!think a nice mind behind that.take care!

Danielle said...

Wonderful book Pat, I love every page!

And your table sounds like mine. If I haven't made a mess then I don't consider the creative process a success. The more mess the better the outcome. Have fun : )

Val Foster said...

Hi Pat. I really love your bird pages, especially the last one with the bird in the dress. Great art work very nicely done.

BTW, when you finish cleaning off your table, can you come and clean off mine? And while you're at it, can you clean and reorganize my workroom/studio? Great idea, right?

Dianne Adams said...

I really like your bird book. I've got to do something with birds! Sorry about the Xyron laminate..expensive stuff.

Kim said...

Love the book Pat, and thanks for the good prayers, we need them all. It will be a couple weeks before all the tests are back. K

Kim Printz said...

i really love your bird book:)

kim