Sunday, June 1, 2008




As we have told our children many times, there are consequences for not eating your vegetables. Here is a shrine depicting what happens (eventually) when you don't eat a healthy diet. This is so NOT ME to make something like this....a far cry from vintage darlings and spring flowers and birds. Not sure what took hold of me other than I had a couple of medicine bottles that looked interesting. My friend Charlotte (who is a veritable gold mine of supplies!) came to my rescue when I said "I think I need a skeleton....where would I get one?". She (as usual) said "I have one". Not only did she have one but it fit EXACTLY inside the shrine. One leg is a itsy bitsy longer than the other (you see, other maladies occur to the human body when you don't eat your vegetables!) but he is perfectly positioned just where he needed to be. Thanks, dear Charlotte!

12 comments :

Anonymous said...

Love it! This is my kinda art. LOL

Jenna

mary schweitzer said...

OMG! This is brilliant! You rock at shrines! Now this is my favorite thing you've done!
BTW I loved your tutorial about the grunge board. Haven't tried it yet, it's on my list. But I don't think I could do as good a job as you did!
Mary

Anonymous said...

I came here via my blog and I want to thank you for your comments. I'm thrilled my work jump started your muse. That is one of the best things people could say to me Thanks!

Now on to your assemblage piece it is absolutely wonderful. What are you going to name it?

Anonymous said...

This is great Pat...love how it seems to be men that need reminding! The box is awesome, reminds me of a grandfather clock for some reason.
Thanks for visiting my blog today - you always give me a lift with your comments!
Gaye

Dragonlady said...

Pat, I love this shrine and the title is so darn cute....great things together.
Brenda

Danielle said...

This is a great piece, way to step outside that comfort zone - yay!

It is so great to see how we've grown over the past year isn't it :)

Pat said...

Hey, I just figured out that I could comment on my own blog! Duh! I want to thank everyone who takes the time to comment here. I truly appreciate it from my heart. Isn't the art community awesome in their support of each other?
Pat

Jill said...

Well look who's "dark side" came out to play!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your assemblage! Awesome job, Pat.

Dianne Adams said...

Just found your blog and enjoyed it very much!
Dianne

david santos said...

Excellent!

Jill said...

this is unrelated to the original post, but since some of my mails go to your spam...I'm going to repeat what I just wrote you re: Brian's book...

Your altered dictionary, for Brian, is soooooo awesome! OMG! You should be so proud of your work. I have an 18 yr old son, who will graduate HS in a couple days (he lives in NJ with his dad), and I sent him some old photos I'd come across---I just mailed them in an envie....and he LOVED looking at them! So I know Brian will cherish the book you made for him. I would. I'm really mushy about that stuff but it is so cool because it is in one place---one resource! I'm so glad that you did it. Gorgeous work.....and all of the love that you put into that project. You are such a special person!

bet making an ATC looks like a cake-walk now, doesn't it?? :)

Michele said...

This is very cool! What a great idea!