Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Spot Of Tea


I saw this idea in a book by (I believe) Anna Corbin and fell in love with it. Can't remember the name of it now. DH made me a wooden box which became this little tea shrine/assemblage. Can someone explain what the difference is? If a shrine has a religious connotation, well then, so be it. I don't worship tea but I sure do love it....expecially fruity teas and Tazo. The Tazo website is great fun if you've never visited it. Here's the link. http://www.tazo.com/noflash.html
Last night, Lauren, the infamous 3 yr old, came to visit while her mommy and daddy celebrated their 7th wedding anniversary with a dinner out. Immediately, she saw the dining room table was still looking very "cwafty" after the bird book completion. There was no turning back. She had to make a bird book for her mama and daddy and one for her day care lady, Miss Hannah. She worked hard at it and punched more birds with my new bird punch than you can count. Then, when there was paste and scraps on everything (except the book) she announced that I was to take it to the post office and mail it to them (they were picking her up in a few minutes)! So I was to mail it today. Actually, I was supposed to take it last night but I explained that it was closed so the mailman could rest. Did I mention that I left the room for a split second and when I came back, she had a pile of Diamond Glaze the size of an elephant on a piece of paper?

Oh, and I got busted, too. She walked into the "cwaft" room/office/storage/junk room and said "This room has too much stuff in it". Wait a minute, girlie, who's the boss of this house.....you or me? If I want too much stuff, (which I do), then just wait till you get your own cwaft room! I hope I'm still around to point out that you've got too much stuff! Anyway, you will never be an "ahtist/cwafter" if you don't have a lot of junk around to play with. LOL

2 comments :

Danielle said...

Awwwwww, Lauren is adorable!

And if she does convince you that you have to much stuff I'll be more then happy to take it off your hands.

As a matter of fact if you personally deliver the stuff to Florida, we can have our very own tea party :)

Anonymous said...

Pat this is wonderful...
I am a major tea fanatic myself!! This shrine/whatever is just wonderful.
Check Inka's blog, she has some gorgeous new stamps surrounding the theme of tea :)
Cheers,
Gaye