Saturday, February 2, 2008

Bees Wax Love


I decided to leave my house guest to his own devices this afternoon and ended up with this ATC for Altered StART's bi-weekly mingle.
Actually, I nearly missed the deadline but I really wanted to play
with bees wax! It went quickly and I found some dried flowers in my Microsoft for Dummies book between some tissue that I dried last summer. I made this little cutie a wreath for her hair and applied the wax over the entire card. She's actually cut out and glued to a piece of embossed white cardstock that I smudged a bit with pink chalk. It disappeared after I put the bees wax on but I still like the effect. It's always funny to me how things come out when you aren't really trying! Thanks, Jill, for encouraging me to put her on my blog and for telling me about
http://stepoutsideyourboxsaturdays.wordpress.com/

8 comments :

A Note From The Queen said...

she is so sweet!!!! Well done!

gaby braun said...

Love it! So soft!

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

This is just beautiful. And the flowers add a bit of texture, too!

Anonymous said...

Oh, it really looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

wonderful beeswax

Jill said...

She looks wonderful on your blog, Pat!

Rosie said...

What an adorable ATC! I had a lot of fun with the beeswax too! I love your stories (shame about the buttons...)

Kim said...

She's beautiful , what do you mean you had to get talked into posting her on your blog lol?! The colors are perfect with the flowers and the image - very well done!