Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pansy


The Northern California Mixed Media Artists meeting is Sunday. We are supposed to make an "art doll"....I hesitated for a long while because the muse wasn't cooperating. Then I remembered a book "Paper Projects" by Sandra Everton that was languishing in a drawer. I leafed through it and saw this pansy doll and so I went to work scanning her pattern which had a paper pansy for a costume. Of course, I couldn't let that be....I had to get my pressed flowers out and found a gorgeous purple pansy that begged to be a topper for the paper pansy. That wasn't good enough! I heated the beeswax and waxed the thing onto her underskirt. Arrrggghh. Not a good idea. Finally, found another pressed pansy that I put on the top of the waxed one....her headpiece and booby cover-up are pansies/pansy pieces. Her arms and legs are lace covered cardstock. I'm not sure she's anatomically correct but I love pansies....therefore I love her! Click on her for a larger view.

3 comments :

mary schweitzer said...

Hi there,
I really like your blog! What you said about an Etsy store and what if no one buys anything made me giggle because I am thinking of doing it too. But I wonder the same thing! I think your journals would sell for sure!
I am going to take better pics (I hope) of the details in the sewing shrine and will post them for you to see.
Would you be interested in doing a link exchange?
Mary
http://greenwomandesign.blogspot.com/

Dragonlady said...

I really love your pansy doll, I love pansies too and I think she turned out fabulous..
Brenda
(member of alterd_ stART)

Jill said...

Hi Pat! I love your little art doll. She's beautiful!