Monday, January 28, 2008

Valentines and River Walks


Here are a couple of darling Valentines that Janene and Barbara gave me at our Northern California Mixed Media Artists meeting yesterday! The round Valentine was my "altered CD" which was our challenge for the meeting. The base is scrapbook paper with antique looking text, added a paper doily, antique lace and finally an image that I printed. A bigger doily on the back, a ribbon, some glitter dots and an enameled heart finished it off. The heart isn't really as yellow as it appears. I promise. Aren't Valentines fun?

Our local meeting yesterday afternoon was interesting! We had several new people, Valentines were traded, we had a lesson from Lois on drawing a human figure with only one line....I failed the class I fear. It was interesting seeing everyone's results....very obvious who were "real" artists! Barbara brought pumpkin bread and Sally brought brownies .... a nice treat to be sure. Janene is heading up a project to bring awareness to the homeless plight. I have an idea forming in my head.....not sure how it will play out.

My dear brother, Tim, from Boonville, Missouri, is visiting me and my other brother, John, here in California. Fun to hang out with them....we walked along the American River this morning and I got my 6,400 steps. Whew! I'm tuckered out.

1 comment :

Jill said...

Hi Pat! Those are beautiful Valentine's pieces. I love the one in the upper right corner with the "X" embellishments.