Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Button Fairies and Button Regrets

Made these little gals for a swap in my Altered StART group. I cast the faces with Sculpey. They were quite fun to make, though I'm not good with beads and wire. The fingers don't cooperate! When I moved a couple of years ago, I gave away a quart jar full of my mother's buttons to a thrift shop. Some of them were from the early 30's. What was I thinking? Did I just become overwhelmed with all the "stuff" that needed to be moved....or what? I had no clue about altered art at the time, but even so....what a dumb thing to do! I can remember her showing me how to string buttons with a needle and thread when I was about 4. Wonder who has those buttons now?
Off to figure out how to make clickable links in my blog!

5 comments :

Glenda-TwoCoolTexans said...

I absolutely love these! So creative, so different.

Danielle said...

Oh, they are so cute!

Great job, I can't wait to hold them and see how wonderful they truly are. This is going to be a great swap. Thanks for being a part of it : )

Anonymous said...

How wonderful, lovely button fairies.

Sacred Yoli said...

The Clay heads/faces are genius! I made a few of these for swaps too, but I couldn't think outside the box and made them all out of paper!

Jill said...

Wow! Your button fairy dolls are beautiful! I need to get to work on mine.