Thursday, February 7, 2008


Here's a little Valentine I made for a friend. It's 3 1/2 x 4 1/2 ....just a little box I covered. The flowers were cut from scrapbook paper and shaped with my fingers a little. Not sure if this will enlarge for you to read the note but plain little birdie in the background (with maybe a bit of envy!) says "So! Just who do you think you are with that purse and crown?" Sometimes, these little fun projects are very satisfying. Hope my friend likes it. I will tell her upfront that after a spell, she is welcome to ditch it, pitch it, hide it or whatever. I hate that some people feel they must keep a gift forever....I'm not that kind of giver.

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

It's really fantastic, your friend will love it.

Dragonlady said...

Pat, this is so adorable, I love it and I know your friend is going to love receiving it....
Brenda

Jill said...

This piece is so adorable. I just love the bird images. Well done, Pat!

Rosie said...

I think this is so unique she'd be daft not to love it!!

BTW - thanks for your lovely comments, but try my current home... you'll have more fun and many more laughs as I blunder through my creative processes!!

http://alteredartandstuff.wordpress.com

xoxoxo

janene said...

Pat, I love this piece. Birds rule! Janene

bockel24 said...

Love your blackbirds and your words about keeping gifts!