Friday, January 25, 2008


Here's a little birdie I made for my brother who lives in Boonville, Missouri. It's tummy is a funny little oval frame that looks like metal but I think it might just be plastic looking like metal....a serendipity dollar store find. His wings are thin copper which I cut with a scissors. His head is just a paper bird's head out of a magazine. I rusted the tummy & wings with a rusting kit from Michaels. So Tim, who has his own cedar trees in abundance, cut their Christmas tree, took it in the house,and never got around to decorating it except for this bird! They had a lot of out of town commitments and decorating the tree seemed to be at the bottom of their priority list! My inspiration came from Somerset Studio Nov/Dec 2007.

5 comments :

Danielle said...

You're bird is simply wonderful!

Moonwillow said...

What a beautifully creative bird! I would love to see more of your work. Your blog is comming along nicely it just takes a little bit of getting use to so stick to it and you will do fine. Moon from the Artist Circle group. Thanks for sharring!

Bella said...

OMG--I love your bird!! You have inspired me.
BellaSophia at Artist Circle

Jill said...

Yay! Looks like you've worked out getting photos into your blog posts. You already know how I feel about that bird! :)

bockel24 said...

I´ve seen the Somerset example but I think I´d prefer yours ...