Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tea Chest




I'm on a tea kick...here's a little tea chest that I made; front, top and side view. It has German scrap roses and birds and some hand painted strokes here and there. I had it filled with tea bags but have been using them regularly so I need to replenish my stash! There are napkins in the drawers and a little sugar and Splenda.

Is this a shrine? I never know!....Mary Green Woman says a shrine is paying homage to something you love and I love tea! A bit different than my tea shrine that I posted earlier.

It's 108 degrees today in the Sacramento area (and smoky from all the fires around us).....after a high yesterday of 113. When my first son was born in Salina, Kansas on July 8, 1954, it was also 113 degrees.....we had no air conditioning in our little place, nor did the air base hospital! I was 19 years old and thought I was going to DIE. When I came home from the hospital, DH went to Sears and bought a table fan which we placed next to the crib and turned it on the baby full blast. He had the worst colic ever....duh!

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Your tea chest is gorgeous Pat!! Love all the birds on there :)

108, YUCK... I remember the days of no A.C. - how did we do it??
Cheers,
Gaye

Anonymous said...

Cuzzin Pat,
I am ALL over these tea boxes of yours! I am an ardent tea lover myself, and have a daily ritual (actual twice a day :-) and this is a fabulous idea! Love it, love it! I hope you are saving the tea bag wrappers...they are great for collaging tiny slide mounts :-) Just a little tea tip from your cuz! Thanks for sharing!
Roberta

Jill said...

Hi Pat! I'm making my way through my blog list which has been sorely neglected. I LOVE your tea chest! I think it is wonderful. Sorry for all the hot weather out there & hope the fires get under control soon. Have you ever seen this art blog (http://simple-studio-journal.blogspot.com/) - she loves tea too and has some posts with some great art. Take care & happy weekend.

Danielle said...

I just love all these great pieces you have been doing. And I saw your piece posted on Mary's blog - very nice. You seem to be on a wonderfully creative roll, keep up the great work!

mary schweitzer said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFULL!!
Mary

Christy said...

Yes, this is a shrine in my opinion anyway. What a lovely shrine too! I too love german scrap and your birds are just adorable.