Monday, November 3, 2008

A Tim Holtz Weekend





HOWDY PARDNERS! Taking a class from Tim Holtz was the most incredible event! He is absolutely the best teacher ever........very organized and very sharing of every possible technique. He holds nothing back! He taught at the Stamp Art Shoppe in Roseville, CA over the weekend and I, in my attempt not to spend too much money (oh sure, Pat!), only signed up for one class. His projects are awesome and he supplies everything....you come empty handed and leave with a fantastic piece. My class made a little collaged frame piece that can hold one collaged domino (we made three).
It's just too sweet! It's a project that can be made up with different backgrounds for different seasons, birthdays or whatever, although this one is obviously for the Christmas season. Can't wait to put it on an easel.

Sandy, owner of the Stamp Art Shoppe was celebrating her 6th anniversary and Friday night, she threw a party with a western theme you wouldn't believe. We had a true western bbq, door prizes, & mustaches for all. See group picture. Tim was there with his cowboy hat and his accomplice, Mario. Tim has already blogged about this weekend on his blog. You have to take a look! There's a group picture and I'm on the far right with the pink shirt and blue ball cap (my jeans zipper was down I discovered later but fortunately it didn't show....LOL *(I'm not kidding.....I was so excited and anxious to get in the picture that I actually forgot to zip my jeans after a trip to the ladies room!)
Anyway, it was the most fun weekend ever. I just feel bad that y'all (cowgirl lingo) couldn't have been there. If you get a chance to take his classes anywhere.......go for it. You won't regret it!

6 comments :

di from di-did-it said...

You're right, Pat, I'm green with envy! We don't get opportunities like that in Iowa. It sounds like you had a fab time ~ I'm tickled you were able to go!

Di

Danielle said...

Oh you lucky girl, sounds like it was wonderful :)

Jill said...

Oh my GOSH, Pat....that is so awesome that you got to take a class from Tim!! I bet it was a blast. Your class work looks beautiful. Hope you are doing well.

Val Foster said...

Hi Pat. The art you made in Tim's class is beautiful. I love it! Great job.

I took a class with Tim over a year ago, and yes, he is a great teacher and a very nice person. So glad you got to take the class.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like real fun and I am checking schedules to see who is going to be in NY/NJ the first 2 weeks of December when I go home.

Anonymous said...

I love how your art came out, looks like it was worth the money whatever you spent. Why the mustache in the photo, please tell all! Maybe you can host a swap and teach us how to do that too, hint hint *smile*