Thursday, October 23, 2008



I've been having a ball cutting, pasting, trimming, etc. Found this idea on the Stampington site and knew it was something I'd enjoy playing with....I had so many papers that needed to be used up so this was perfect for "scraps". The book was just a regular book from which I removed all the pages, and then covered the inside with scrapbook paper.Then I added two pockets to hold the recipe cards. The thickness of the cardstock with the added papers didn't allow more than three in each pocket. Shouldl have made the pockets a wee bit larlger. I typed out some recipes and pasted to the backside of each card. The outside of the book worked perfectly with checked tissue paper after I first gessoed it to cover up the title. This little book is only 4 1/2 by 6 1/2. I am working on a little larger one but I really like the charm of the smaller one. It's fun finding images that work with the papers....get your scraps out and have fun. You might end up with a neat gift for your favorite cook!

11 comments :

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Fantastic GF! I'd luv to come over and play with you! What a great project......inkspiring fer sure

Nelly said...

Love it! And your so nice to add how-to instructions.
Nelly

Creatively Lisa said...

Pat that is really cute. I love it. I can think of so many uses for a little pocket book like that.

Jill said...

Hi Pat! I love your recipe book. I'm starting to find some time in my life to do just a tiny bit of art. Cutting & pasting would suit me fine since I've lost all my other skills! :)

Janny said...

Super!

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic! I never find anything when I lurk there! Do you still have the link for the surfing challenged! I came by to get tips on an altered book for a friend.

Sacred Yoli said...

Pat! This is so beautiful!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

This is so cool - love all the fun colors and patterns - so much to look at. Yummy! I would just love to see it in person. Well, done Pat!

mary schweitzer said...

This is adorable! You always do such great work.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the links and yours looks so much better than theirs!

Val Foster said...

I just love this recipe book. It's so colorful and creative. It's beautiful and functional. Great job!