Thursday, November 20, 2008

Whitney's Playland at the Beach Ride Tickets


Here are some wonderful old ride tickets I found at an estate sale the other day. The top three are the original color before I beefed up the color a little with my image program. Actual size of each is 1 3/8 x 3". Whitney's Playland at the Beach was in San Francisco and closed in the 50's. It was very famous for it's many great rides and carnival atmosphere. There's even a website where nostalgia reigns as people who loved Whitney's talk about the good ol' days there. Feel free to use these tickets in your artwork.

8 comments :

Jill said...

Hi Pat! Wow!! What a fantastic find. The tickets are awesome. Can't wait to see what you do with them.

di from di-did-it said...

These are great. You're very generous to share. Thank you!

Diane said...

What a lucky find! Thanks for sharing!
~Diane

mary schweitzer said...

I can't wait to see what you do with these! I know it will be something fabulous!
Mary

Val Foster said...

These are wonderful. You always post such interesting things on you blog. Your artwork is unique and delightful.

I am giving you a blog award, because you deserve it. Please visit my blog to read about it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the ticket goodies, Pat! These will be great in a collage! Look forward to having more time for MMANC in the new year. In the meantime, have a great month, and I hope to see you soon!

Your Cuz

signsoftimensuch said...

I love these ..thanks, cheryl

Anonymous said...

Loved the Tilt-A-Whirl when I was a kid. Now, it just makes me throw up. Sad!