Sunday, November 9, 2008

Altered Artist



Had fun with 3 1/2 year old granddaughter, Lauren, whom I am grooming to become a famous altered artist! She was making a book for her mommy and daddy. She used all my handmade paper flowers - especially the ones that had micro beads or glitter. Actually, I tried to steer her away from them but to no avail. When she said "I didn't know you had THESE!", I knew my stash was toast. She LOVES the punches and has to stand up on the chair and press down on them with all her might. All the pages had to have rounded corners with the corner round punch. Then she wrote WOW which was supposed to be MOM but it was upside down. Too cute.

5 comments :

Diane said...

Funny, we have WOW cable and I always try to claim the remote control, insisting to my girls that it is mine because it has my name on it!

She is a little doll! You can tell she is a happy child - the sparkle in her eye maybe? =)

Jill said...

awwwww...corrupting the young ones!!! Looks like Lauren was having a blast! Carter was into my glitter glue stash this weekend and he did some glass painting on ornaments. Hard to get in to the Christmas spirit this early in Nov., but he was ready to create. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

YES! Start them young and never share the bling stash, lol! She us such a cutie I probably would have let her have all of mine, too!

Ariana said...

Hi! I'm just wondering if you ever got my gypsy? I sent her kind of a while ago. At the same time I sent an altered book for a swap and it was never received. I'm hoping you got her, but if not I'd like to re-make her for you! Please let me know.

Unknown said...

How sweet, and you are leading her down the path of creating good things!!! I did that with my daughter and granddaughter 2 summers ago..we had a blast painting birdhouses. Love your blog!!!