Saturday, March 29, 2008

Visiting Tucson


Since I am away from my art table and have no art to post, I thought I'd share this silly picture. Here I am standing in front of the famous suguaro cactus in Tucson, AZ. My sis says this is the only place they grow and it takes 100 years to grow an "arm". Not sure this is all true but it sounds good! I can see that I need to lay off the Mexican food....yikes! Anxious to get home and start creating something to add to my blog. I'm not a good traveler.....more of a homebody these days. Love being with my little sister but I'm ready to go back to California. Bye bye, Arizona!
PS: Click to enlarge....never mind, I'm "large" enough without! LOL
PS: Just found out that saguaros grow only in the Sonoro Desert....not just around Tucson.

3 comments :

Dragonlady said...

Hi Pat, Gla dyou are have been haveing a good time but I know what you mean, It's always good to be back home, Have a safe trip back..
Brenda

(member of AS group)

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat, I understand how you feel about home. It's nice to get away but even better to get back to! Those saguaros are awesome plants though...sometimes I think that wen it comes to inspiration it's tough to beat Mother Nature.
Gaye

Jill said...

Hi Pat! Cool cactus. It's amazing how big they get. Glad you're home safe and back to creating.