Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Only 1 Mother 4 Me


I have neglected my blog for over a week. I have been playing with some different things but nothing worth posting. I made an ATC this morning for Altered StART's bi-weekly (does anyone know what that really means?) "mingle" which is our group swap. It was to be something with a number or numbers. It turned out to my liking and it has my beautiful mother's youthful photo as the focal point so I'm going to share it here. My mother has been gone for 5 years and spring never comes without me thinking about her bluebird houses and bedding plants. Jill asked me what the background was.....don't you hate it when you don't know how you made something? I did it awhile ago and put it away without keeping a record of what I did. I wish I could duplicate it because it truly is pretty. I probably found the technique in a book or online and can't take credit for anything more than just copying what I read. I do think that it's nice to have backgrounds made up....the whole thing only took me a little while simply because I didn't need to make the background before I ever started! Hope all of you are getting a little taste of spring. It's definitely arrived here in Northern California and it's always amazing to me to see nature spring back to life. Birds are flirty and I spend far too much time just watching their antics. We saw a couple building a nest in a BIG old birdhouse which was sitting on a lawn chair with a hole far too large. They worked so hard on it and then abandoned it even as he was bringing the last twig....I wonder if she said "This is way too much house for us...let's look for a smaller place". I need to get back to work!

3 comments :

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like this one! Esp for the sentimental value to it! =) I've been working on a heap of things too! Some of which I'll be sharing... in the next few days! I was swept away with the weekend, which unfortunately has come and gone a bit too quickly! =/ I had an amazing ~*Saturday!*~ hee hee

I like how this flowed for you! =) It is hard when Seasons or moments arise in our lives, that draw us back to a loved one we're lost. I understand that very well.

mary schweitzer said...

Spring makes me think of me mother too. She died 13 years ago today. Your piece struck a chord with me.
Mary

Christy said...

This is lovely and the story just makes it even more so. Also love the bird antics bit too! I also love to just sit and watch the little birds and all that they get up to.
-Chrissty