Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lil' Sweetie Pie and Valentines!

4 x 6 Valentine
Lil' Sweetie Pie open
Lil' Sweetie Pie closed

Here's a little folded ATC (well, almost! After it was finished, I measured it and it was only 2 1/2 by 3....what happened to that other 1/2"???!!!) I swear I didn't realize it till it was all finished. My swap partner was sweet enough to say it was fine with her....otherwise I was going to add a piece on the side....now that would probably have been a band aid!

The valentine is for a 3/3 swap on the Latest Trends in Mixed Media Art group...a fantastic group with loads of information and talent. I guess I have lurked long enough so thought I'd play in this one! It is 4 x 6 on watercolor paper. I used Golden light modeling paste over a doily to give some texture...then removed the doily. (Thanks, Charlotte!) When it was dry, I poured on the ultra fine glitter which doesn't show up at all!!! Then I mounted the image using the sticky dots so it would be raised a bit. The birds are red foil from a box of chocolates punched with Martha's bird punch. Glad I only had to make three!

1 comment :

Cynthia (Cindy) Powell said...

I am so glad you decided to join our swap! Looking forward to getting one of your cards! :-D Cindy