Monday, January 26, 2009

Sympathy Card


What? It's been that long since I posted anything? I don't know where the time goes. I have been making valentines but what I have here is a sympathy card that I made to send to my cousins in Illinois. Their mother was my aunt who was only 6 years older than I, and died after only one month of being informed that she had bone marrow cancer.Her children adored her and I thought this was better than a commercial sympathy card. Inside I wrote a personal message and added this poem because she was a very selfless, generous person not only to her children but to everyone in the community.

"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces
of pie
for five people, promptly announces she never did care
for pie."
T. Jordan


There have been some very sad situations in my family as well as families of friends this past week or two. Hopefully, things will look up and I'm waiting for the sun to shine! The card was made on the double sided cardstock that I ran through a Cuttlebug with an embossing plate, then sanded the brown side to reveal the pink inside.

3 comments :

di from di-did-it said...

This is beautiful, Pat. So much more meaningful & precious than store-bought.

I hope things start looking up soon!

Di

Dianne Adams said...

Beautiful! Love the cb effects.

One Creative Queen said...

This is absolutely stunning! Thanks for sharing - I really enjoy your blog. :)

Katherine