Thursday, December 4, 2008


Just had to make Santas out of these guys! They were asking for it!
What do you think about desecrating old cabinet cards? Doesn't faze me as there are zillions of them and I think they should be put to some kind of use......however, I'm not sure what kind of "use" these might have except for a bit of humor! The beards are lambswool. Real crystals, too! They both already had beards and a kind of Santa Claus look about them.........I just added to it. I think the bottom Santa got some soup on his beard and mustache...
Click on pictures to enlarge.

5 comments :

Diane said...

I'm fine with it too. I mean, why not? They are just memories lost forever if we don't turn them into a loved-again object.

And your two here are so great! I really love them!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh! Those are the BEST! What a great idea and I think it's awesome to actually alter the cabinet card itself. What a wonderful tribute to the person on the card vs. it sitting and collecting dust in a box. :)

Diane said...

I love your santas!

Go to my blog and collect your award I've passed on to you!

Nelly said...

Very clever! Love them. What a great idea. Thanks for visiting my blog recently.

Nelly

JoAnnA Pierotti said...

these are adorable!! Great job. I wanted to do something similar for cards but never did.
Happy New Year Pat!
xo joanna