Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Den of Temptation




I made this "Den of Temptation" for a friend to celebrate coupons! I especially love the temptress arm handing her a fistful of coupons. Not visible, but nevertheless very cute (if I do say so myself!), Charlotte's hands (also known as Carlotta) are actually little scissors. One hand has a coupon and the other has a little purse. Her body is an vintage candy tin. I removed the blonde hair from the doll's head and put black hair on her. I had this crazy idea to wax her face and as careful as I was, wax got in her eye (ouch!) and now her eye doesn't open too well. The sign at the bottom says "Den of Temptation". We love our coupons!

2 comments :

Val Foster said...

Oh Pat, this is waaay too cool!!! I love it, and everything about it. How very creative to equate coupons with temptation -- and how very true that is for a lot of us.

I used to think I HAD to use every coupon for the craft stores to buy SOMETHING, ANYTHING, or else I was wasting it. I stopped doing that a long time ago, for the most part.
Now I usually only use coupons when I really need or want something. But they sure come in handy, don't they?

What a great assemblage. I'm proud of you.

Anonymous said...

This is terrific! But, I think you forgot something...ME!! I'm pretty sure I live there! LOL! Great work!!