Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New Collage...is it finished?


This is the first thing I've done for several days. I must have spring fever as I haven't felt like hanging out in the studio/crap room. Ooops, I mean craft room. Don't want to garden or clean or anything. Just lazy!

It was fun to work on, as this little guy reminded me so much of my youngest son, Tommy, when he was about 3. I used some gold angelina fiber on his hair.....just enough, but not too much. The piece is on heavy matt board and is 8 1/2 x 8 1/2. It hangs by the blue ribbon. I used stamping, vintage paper, crochet from a very old pillowcase and buttons. I always have a hard time trying to figure out if it's "DONE" or if it needs more. Maybe less? Well, it's finished and I'm not doing anything else to it.....so it must be "DONE"!

4 comments :

mary schweitzer said...

This is adorable! Very fresh and springlike. You have a good eye.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Hi Pat,
I love this collage and think t is just right :) The blues are gorgeous and your combination of elements and texture are wonderful.
Gaye

Jill said...

GORGEOUS!!! You've outdone yourself again, Pat. Love the colors and composition. You have a really great eye for putting it all together.

Kim said...

It is finished, I love it. I have been in a blue mood too... not sad, the color! It is a lovely spring piece that makes me want to go outside and putter. K