Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Circles and Daisies


Here's an ATC for Altered StART mingle. The theme was Circles....hmmm. I think I could have done better with the theme but this is what came to mind. The paper is beautiful handmade, very colorful paper I picked up at a yard sale. The embellishment is foam with a sun stamp....and some gold embossing. I always wish I had made two of the mingle pieces....one to swap and one to keep, but I never do!

The daisy picture is a vintage postcard that had daisies pictured so I just embellished with pressed daisies over the printed ones and covered the entire card with beeswax. Love the salutation "Hello Girlie"! I'm thinking of sending it in the mail just like it is to see how the PO handles it. The colors are really prettier in real life.

4 comments :

mary schweitzer said...

I really like the sun! Looks like it would be very tactile. I know what you mean about making one to keep, and I never do either!
Mary

Dragonlady said...

Lovely circle ATC Pat....
brenda

Dragonlady said...

Hi Pat, thanks for visiting my blog, I was going to email you but didn't see your addy.....the bird house on my blog is a cheap one from walmart, ike 2.49, and I picked up some smaller ones at teh dollar store too..they are just for decorative purposes, not sure they would hold up outside..I an working on a couple more....
Thanks again
Brenda

mary schweitzer said...

You've been tagged. Read my latest post in my blog.
Mary