Thursday, April 3, 2008


Our "music" mingle at Altered StART just made me think of Olivia...my dad's first cousin. She died in childbirth with her first child in the late 20's. Her name's mention was always followed with "Olivia...she died in childbirth, you know". Poor Olivia....she was an only child herself and in this photo was sitting by the piano with a piece of sheet music on her lap and a big hairbow in her hair. Her parents were well-to-do, owning a retail store in the little town of Ludell, Kansas. Her cousins, on the other hand, were not so well off, but Olivia always had nice clothes & shoes, not to mention a piano! She was perfect for this "music" mingle theme. Frances, our group mom, will receive this piece in the mingle draw.

1 comment :

mary schweitzer said...

She is adorable!
I'm glad you're back.
I've never tried working with beeswax, but the idea of it fascinates me. I am saving my pennies so I can get the heating tool and the thingie you melt the wax in and all that.
Great work
Mary