Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Apple Pie



I got busy and made an apple pie tonight. Served up a piece to DH and didn't hear any comments good or bad. I finally asked him how it was and he said it needed more sugar and more cinnamon. It had 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/2 cup of white.....hmmmm. Wonder if the fact that he's under the weather could have accounted for him not getting the full taste? Maybe I just can't accept that my pie isn't up to par! I'll admit it's not the prettiest pie in the world. I've only been at this cooking/baking deal for 56 years! Anyway, pies are a pain to make and Costco makes a fabulous apple pie. This might be the last apple pie to find it's way out of my oven. Bah humbug!
PS: The apple peeler/corer/slicer is the best thing ever invented!

5 comments :

Unknown said...

WHAT??!! Not the prettiest pie? That lovely monster looks delectable!!!

Susie Jefferson said...

Thanks so much for visiting me and leaving a comment - you might want to go back: I just added some blog backgrounds. LOVE your assemblage (below) and the pie looks very edible!

Susie Jefferson said...

Stop putting yourself down! I love your artwork, and am so glad I found your blog. And the Wackos sound wonderful.

RE pastry, last time I made mince pies for Christmas (hadn't bothered for many years)my husband very plaintively asked if we could have shop-bought next time. They could have been used as door stops or cannon balls! (I made 3 dozen... even the neighbour's dog wouldn't eat them).

I just put up some Halloween backgrounds (Blog-ology) if you want something scary - still finding my way round Photoshop, but getting a little better.

Unknown said...

Uh-oh... where are you? are you BWO? I am so BWO it's not even funny!!! Looks like you are changing something up...I better do something, too. Thank you for all of your comments- I LOVE them!!!
XO
Kerry
the G Addict

janene said...

I'd love the pie. I hate it when they are sticky sweet. And I like the blackbird appearing out of it. Janene