Monday, September 29, 2008

A Few New Fun and Games






Here's a few new things over the past 6 weeks or so. I had fun with them which is the best part. Don't you love it when you have all the components for something....no scouring thrift stores, yard sales, etc.? The arcade was a cigar box, the little girl shrine was a tall wooden whisky box, the flower pot was a scroungy looking thing which now has a new life thanks to some gesso and crackle. I'm happy to be getting some of these wooden boxes off my closet shelf....Fibber McGee's closet for those of you who remember! The bird image was from a napkin that I decoupaged onto the pot. I liked doing it so much that I scored a bunch of nice clay pots recently and plan to make a production line of pots....good gifties, ya think?
The little square bird is a 4 x 4 canvas that has a strip of scrapbook paper on the side with a bird napkin decoupaged on it and then covered with beeswax. I'm going to be very sad when the bird napkin supply runs dry. I only have one or two left....they are as scarce as hen's teeth! Next post will be a recipe for "barley water". Before you poo poo it, you must try it! Nutritious, but more than that....it's delicious!

13 comments :

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

Love the bird stuff! Those are napkins? Where did you get them? What a great find. I know what you mean about having a favorite supply start to run dry. But new supplies are just around the corner and inspire new ideas!

Don't worry about posting pictures of art that you made because you were inspired by a book/magazine/website. Inspiration has to come from someplace, and I image that you didn't copy step-by-step, but put your own spin on things.

Anonymous said...

Really great pieces Pat!! I love the pots, those ARE great gifts!! The cigar box is fun too, although I'm not comfy with clowns... Keep on doing what you're doing, the fun you're having with these definitely comes through!!
Cheers,
Gaye

Danielle said...

I just love all the great things you do with the bird images. Every time I see something with a bird on it I think of you!

I have to admit my favorite is the second picture - the shrine. Glad to see all the creative things you've been doing.

Jill said...

Wow, Pat! Your new art is amazing! I love all of it--the topiary container and box and everything! YOu have such a great eye for composition and design. I put your blog on feeds now, so I'll get updates as you post them. Take care!

*~tabby~* crooked heart art said...

oh yum!!!!
i love the new work you have posted but i must say that i love the flower pots the best!!!
did you use terra cotta ones? just wondering how well the outside art will hold up to the inside of the pot being pourous-if using a live plant and water...
thanks for sharing
enjoy your day
tabby
tabbyjo60@yahoo.com

Dianne Adams said...

These are all absolutely wonderful! I love diamonds..birds..it's all great.

Michele said...

So glad to see you've posted again!!
What lovely treasures. The arcade is magnificent! That's my favorite so far. :) I've always wanted to be able to stuff like that. I've tried and it never comes out right.

Love the idea with the flower pots too, they would make great gifts, I may have to steal that idea and make some for my mom. :)

Kim said...

Hi Pat , it's good hearing from you! It looks like you've been really busy - the shadowbox would look nice at my house (hint hint grin).

reagan said...

Thanks for visiting me and entering my giveaway:-) I just love the little bird book. So sweet, I have a thing for our feathered friends.

reagan said...

oops! I said book thinking that is what it was, didn't realize it was a canvas~love it!

Denise Moore said...

Pat,
Thanks for the comment on my blog. Your right we do think alike. I love your bird collage too.

Val Foster said...

Wow Pat, these are all so beautiful. I especially love the flower pot assemblage. Just amazing! I've never seen anything quite like it. Kudos to you for your great art.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE every single one of these pieces! I an coveting the "circus" piece!! Give it to me!! :-), Just kidding...no...really..I want it! LOL!