Tuesday, May 26, 2009

4 year old Lauren

Grandmother's Day Gift from Lauren
Clay pot transformed with crackle paint, tissue paper, real ferns and pressed daisies. Gel medium used to apply all materials.
Same technique as the frog pot. Paper napkin bird and nest. Pressed pansies. These are really fun to make!

Had to post this! Little Lauren is my arts and crafts buddy and I couldn't help but share her pre-school picture. She just turned 4 and attends preschool and is smart as a whip. I can't help but wonder what she will become! I do hope she keeps her interest in art. She is forever making wonderful little things with her full cupboard of art and craft supplies. Yesterday, I received a little heart doilie completely covered with tiny stickers and her name printed on the back. It was delivered in 3, yes...3, envelopes. (?) I think providing children with fun materials at a very young age encourages a strong desire to create. But, on the other hand , I had nothing in the way of supplies as a child and I mananged to develop a strong creative desire. The creative desire must be built in...I 'spose you either have it or you don't. I'm glad I was one of the lucky ones. Can you say "never been bored?"

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady!
Am I disowned or simply forgotten?
Please email me! Hugs, Gina

Kate Carvellas said...

Your little granddaughter is adorable and a budding crafter for sure! Love the flower pot too!!