Tuesday, August 12, 2008

More Storage.....Woo hoo!

I just found the neatest thing for storage. I have a shoebox full of ribbon spools but then there were all the pieces of loose ribbon too long to throw away and not fitting on any spools. I saw this on someone's blog (not sure who!) and she said it was from Lowes....only $11.97. (Doesn't that actually mean $12? LOL) Anyway, the little doors LIFT. They are not drawers. It sits or hangs, and is 14" wide, 19" high and 5" deep.
I also discovered that it will hold spools up to 4" wide so I may get another for the spools and ditch the shoebox idea. Believe me, I've tried all sorts of things to store ribbon! Anyway, for me, this is the cat's pajamas. I love it!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments :

Jill said...

What a great storage idea! I use plastic tubs for mine, and of course I was never really able to a) remember all of what I had and b) find what I needed when I needed it.

Anonymous said...

That is a cool thing...I could see it mounted to the wall near the desk..not my desk, ofcourse...because there is no room on the wall, near my desk...lol!

Anonymous said...

I went back and thought about this...here, ribbon is not sold by the spool but by the meter..hence I've got 30-40 "meter" wraps of ribbon. I cut cardboard 4"long and 2½ inches wide and bind the ribbon in it...It lays flat and I can see all of the colors in the area of the box. Instead of one of those expensive craft irons, I use a pair of old curling irons if I really need to , but other than that I straighten it with tension when I glue it down.

Victoria said...

Storage is always a plus - can't ever have enough.

Enjoyed your blog.

V

i-think-im-an-artist.blogspot.com

Dianne Adams said...

Great idea. I'm constantly looking for better ways to get organized.

Cynthia (Cindy) Powell said...

You left a comment on my blog about wanting one of the fiber satchels, well I will be teaching a free on-line workshop on how to make it on the Latest Trends, link is on my blog!

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

This looks great! I can think of all kinds of goodies to store in this! Thanks for passing it on!